top of page
What is a Neighborhood Program?
- It's a closer involvement of individuals in the neighborhood;
- It’s a community based crime prevention which aims to prevent criminal activity;
- It's about caring for our Community;
- Getting to know your neighbors and exchanging contact information;
What is this program trying to achieve?
- Help people to take ownership of the affairs of the community;
- Saying hello to strangers in the neighborhood and being interested in them;
- Members of the community are all responsible for its protection;
- Safety does not end at the property line.
What can we do to help?
- If your neighbors are away and you see any obvious invitations to a burglar, do something to correct the situation:
- Close the garage door
- Pick up the mail and papers
- Remove snow from the driveway and footpaths
- Mow the lawn
- Park your second vehicle in the driveway
bottom of page